Soul Reasonings: the feelings, movements, stirrings and impulses that we feel in our soul, which cause us to act, think and speak.

Monday, January 4, 2016

2016...

I'm aiming for 2016 to be a really productive year. I plan to start back writing for Trinidad Carnivals. That, in and of itself, should be a big deal, but I have bigger plans than that. I have realised that I don't like what I do for my 9-5 (or 8-4/730-330, or whatever work hours you keep). Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my job. I like it ok enough, and I have some of the best co-workers around. But it doesn't drive me. It doesn't challenge me, or make me want to challenge myself. If I was content to just draw pay for the rest of my life, then this would absolutely be the job for me. But I want more.

See, a funny thing happened when I took a 3-year hiatus from writing. I missed the hell out of it. I love telling stories. More importantly, I miss telling other people's stories. Behind every success, every failure, every action or inaction, there is a narrative that deserves to be shared. I love finding that narrative and sharing. And, if I am honest with myself, I'm kinda good at it. I'm not the best word smith, but I can infuse life in tales that would otherwise be pretty bland. And that is a pretty cool skill to have. So, with that being said, my plan is to start back writing for Trinidad Carnivals, and to slowly crank up the frequency with which I cover stuff. That is only the beginning of plans, but each step is a moment further along a journey. And if this journey leads where I want it too, it will be a doozy. 

Stay tuned... 

3 comments: