Soul Reasonings: the feelings, movements, stirrings and impulses that we feel in our soul, which cause us to act, think and speak.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Serenity

I think this is the best piece I've written to date. The structure is borrowed heavily from Sonia Sanchez's "I am Looking At Music", but she's a boss I could only strive to reach...

Serenity aka. I Found Myself

 I have found tranquility,

In the spread of dye on parchment
Words defined by ink and born of thought
Taking their tales of woe and setting them free

I have found peace,
In the tossing of words to the wind
In the melody of song in the air
and the peals of laughter dancing on the breeze

I have found strength,
In the smiles of others,
Their shoulders always ready to be cried on
The backs ever waiting to share overbearing burdens

I have found tranquility again
I have found peace again
I have found strength again
I have found myself again...

C2h aka Triniyute: 1/5/2008 @8:30p

1 comment: